Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dr. Christie's Website


I would definitely utilize the section on GPS and Geo caching from Dr. Christie's website. I want to teach 4th or 5th graders and I think that they are ready for this technology. There are many local areas in Mobile that have Geo caching sites and could possibly be chosen as a field trip. If not we could have our own Geo caching search with GPS locator's.

I think that her website and its links would help me in my explanation of how the satellites circling the earth work and how we use GPS to locate the Geocach. Here at South Alabama I learned to Geocach in my Geography lab and loved it. I had never heard of it until then and have now found several local sites and state parks that are "Geocach ready". It is like a technology based scavenger hunt and who doesn't love technology and scavenger hunts.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I ought to add a geocaching project to EDM310. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it would be super fun and would introduce everyone to Geocaching. It is something that they could use in their own classrooms.

    ReplyDelete