Sunday, October 11, 2009

iTunes U, Education

Check out this SlideShare Presentation:


iTunes U could be such a great tool for a teacher if all of his or her students have access to a computer or ipod at home. If this is the case the students could listen to and watch lectures previously recorded via podcast or video cast. I know that I personally would listen to lectures for my "burp back" information classes in which memorization is required to pass the class if I could download them onto my ipod and then listen to them while I run in the mornings.

If students don't have access to a computer or ipod at home a teacher could bring the technology to the students in the classroom and download podcast or videocast lectures or topics covering material being learned in the classroom. It would be a refreshing change for the students to hear another teacher from another country teach them their lesson that day. I certainly think it would mix things up a little in the classroom and keep the students interested.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of another teacher from another part of the world teaching the class lesson. How fun it would be for teachers in different places to exchange a lesson presentation. It would open the door for a geography lesson about the location of the other teacher. The kids would probably pay better attention simply because it would be a new face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Deidra says, I think the international aspect (or at least the non-Alabama aspect) would be wonderful

    ReplyDelete