Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Last Lecture

I did not find it hard at all to sit through this lecture. It was very inspirational and educational at the same time. The most inspiring aspect is that he is teaching life lessons along with teaching how to teach and inspire others. It is so important to realize how his life lessons can be applied to my journey in life as an educator.
I think that Randy was very driven and determined to make his mark on the world. In doing this he left behind ALICE and I am sure many more lessons learned. His story will go down in history as one of the most influential and biggest examples of how to achieve your goals by doing what is right.
Some of the "one liners" that he shared from his mentor and peers were priceless. I think that they certainly will be used in classrooms around the world. His started so many new ideas and had the drive to follow through with his dreams by turning them into realities. I can honestly say that I will appreciate Disney Quest so much more next time I am there with my children.
The programs that were started and the people that he influenced to push their abilities to the next level will forever influence technology and the way that we see things today and tomorrow.
He reiterated at the end how much fun his life had been and how he had always had fun doing what he loved. This is a lesson that so many people need. For starters, he realized his goals and dreams from a young age. He persevered did his time climbing the ladder to achieve the goals and dreams set by himself. I was again re inspired by him throughout this lecture. I have seen and heard his lectures on several occasions and he never ceases to inspire me. I know that the way children are learning about technology today and tomorrow would not be the same if it weren't for the hard work of Randy Pausch.

2 comments:

  1. "Inspiring and educational..." A good way to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that you were inspired by Randys' speech. Having fun while learning and living is the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete