Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Podcast

I enjoy listening to podcast. I download sermons from my church and listen to them very frequently. I can honestly say that I had no idea that I could access teaching tools via podcast. I really had not ever put a ton of research into it.
I can certainly see where this would be helpful in the classroom. As an teacher there is so much information and helpful classroom tips right at my fingertips. It would be helpful to get ideas on a particular subject or how to present a lesson to students. If appropriate it would be great to let someone else teach the lesson via podcast. There again we are moving to a listening and seeing and not reading and memorizing society.
The podcast that we were required to listen to were sometimes interesting and sometimes a little slow. I did enjoy the personalities of Ben and Joan on Smart board Lessons.
I am very excited about learning how to do my own podcast and being able to bring this technology into my classroom for my students. This is the kind of thing that students will be eager to learn because they all love their ipod's.

1 comment: