Wednesday, November 4, 2009

ALEX

http://alexstate.al.us/index/php



ALEX is the Alabama Learning Exchange. It is a very useful and helpful tool for educators in and outside of the state of Alabama to utilize. The best thing about ALEX is that everything on the site meets the Alabama state standards and objectives for education within the state. The website has six main links: Courses of Study, Web links, Lesson Plans, Search Engine, Personal Workspace, Professional Learning, and Podcast Treasury.

All of the six links will be very helpful and key to teaching for myself. I won't have to worry about using any of the lesson plans because I can rest assured that they will meet the state standards and objectives for teaching. The other area of interest for me was the Podcast Treasury. This is a place where educators and listen in and let students listen in on lessons about topics being taught in the classroom. This would be great for students because they will get to hear another voice in the class and know that other students are learning the same thing that they are.

To log onto ALEX click here.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is going to be a site I use a lot when I get into the classroom. I will probably use it as a resource while I'm finishing my degree.

    ReplyDelete