Monday, November 16, 2009

At the Teacher's Desk

www.wordle.net

First of all, I would like to say that I love this blog. I am now a follower of this professional blog. It has so much useful and common sense information on it. There were a couple of blog post that really stood out to me. I love the common sense post by Mr. Chamberlain. He used Twitter to get ideas from other people/ teachers on what to do to fill in time and keep the students busy on his blog after they finished their test. He was helping another teacher who was out sick and needed some ideas to post on his blog for the students. He got a ton of responses from his network and didn't have to stress about what to do for them. He had it right at his finger tips. Another post that was so helpful and was also very common sense, was by Jarrod Lambshed. He posted a blog about ways to connect and make contact with parents. He gives out his mobile number, reaches them via twitter, and made a special facebook page just for his student's parents to respond to him. These are all really easy things to do it just helps to hear another educator tell you that it works and it is ok to give out your number to parents. I have had teachers in the past who did not want me to give out their number to other parents in the classroom. As the room mother, I always had the teachers cell # but was put in an awkward position when other parents asked me for it.

This collaborative professional blog is full of helpful information and tons of seasoned educators. I think that I will benefit exponentially by following this blog.

To read "At the Teacher's Desk" Click here.

2 comments:

  1. I got lost as a followed link after link of wonderful information. I could easily spend hours.....if only I had them to spare. This blog is going to be a great source!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will participate in a similar blog. You can even get one started BEFORE you start teaching!

    ReplyDelete