Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Why is it important for students to blog their work?

www.wordle.net
Before taking this course, I really didn't understand the significance of classroom blogging. Now, I have a whole new world as an educator that has been opened up to me. I love blogging with students from around the world. Their is something so intriguing about learning what other teachers and students at other schools are doing. I think that children have the most genuine thoughts and answers when given the opportunity to express themselves. The three instances of blogging with students or other children that have really made an impact on me were first of all Kaia. This has been fascinating to me. I find myself so excited about skyping with her and her father. She is very fortunate to have a father that wants her to be exposed to so many different things in nature and people all over the world. Secondly, the little girl that blogged about her summer vacation. I loved reading her thoughts in her own words about her summer. This is just another example of her being able to express herself and get feedback and encouragement from family, friends, and people all over the world. Lastly, The first grader Evan, whom I really enjoyed. He is so little and yet he is blogging. Truly amazing.

Click here to go to Kaia's blog.

Click here to view Evan's blog.

Click here to view the blog about my summer.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. I hope you will also use blogs - whatever grade you teach!

    ReplyDelete