Monday, November 30, 2009

What I've Learned in EDM 310

www.wordle.net

When I think of all of the things that I have learned in EDM 310 and how far I have come technologically speaking it is encouraging to me. I have really been challenged and sometimes overwhelmed but am better prepared to become a teacher because of it. The most significant thing that I have learned and accomplished is my blog. I have also loved blogging with other children and educators around the world. Comments 4 kids has opened up a whole new world for me as an educator. I have realized how important blogging really is in the elementary classroom. In doing my presentation in Google docs I learned that I don't have to use PowerPoint any longer. It is really great to be able to access my presentations from any computer anywhere. I also loved the simplicity of Google Docs for papers and assignments that I might have later in my college career.

I was pretty savvy when it came to downloading podcast, songs on iTunes, and watching videos on You Tube but had no idea that I could actually make my own podcast, video cast, and post it on You Tube. I am very proud of myself for accomplishing these task. On top of all of this I had no idea, until this class, that iTunes U even existed. It is a huge resource that I will be using in my classroom. Speaking of resources for my classroom. All of these things have become part of my own Personal Learning Network. This network is something that I did not know existed or that I even needed until taking this class. I now realize that there is a whole Internet full of support and people ready and willing to help me in the classroom.

So many things from this class are now on my desktop. I would not have known what any of these programs and free applications were a few months ago. I now have delicious (and I thought this is just what food is), all of my photos from my digital camera automatically upload through Picasa, and I even have an intellectual trail. I can google my name and my blog comes up. How neat is this?

Now back to my favorite thing about this class, my blog. You can look at it and see everything that I have learned. Everything that I am so proud of learning and accomplishing. I have taught my husband, son, and Mom so many neat things that I have learned in this class. I plan on teaching my student's these same things. I do realize that I have to keep learning because it is a year and a half before I graduate and begin teaching and I know technology will change drastically before I step into the classroom.

I really can't think of anything that I would have liked to learn about in this class but did not get to. I have learned about so many great things that I did not know even existed. Everything that we learned about was relevant in my opinion.

This class was very exciting to me. I loved blogging and skyping with teachers and students from around the world. Comments 4 Kids was so awesome for me. I loved being able to encourage children in classrooms around the world.

There have been some very intellectually challenging things for me in this class. The video cast that I created and project 11 were both very challenging for me to think about and then try to create my thoughts. This class has not ever been boring to me. I have always had plenty of work that could always be done or worked on.

I think that this course has been very fun but has been an experience that has better prepared me to teach the children of today. I feel somewhat technologically literate but realized that I have so far to go. I must stay connected to my personal learning network in order to keep growing and better myself when it comes to learning all I can about technology in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment